Pages





Saturday, April 30, 2011

Today

Hello! It's been awhile since I posted, I have many things to share!

First, this morning I made chocolate sauce from a Teenage Gourmet.  I put it in my coffee and added skim milk and a bit of extra sugar for a delicious mocha!

I enjoyed it with a really good book  on the porch, basking in the sunshine. I don't know about y'all, but I'm having more and more visions of myself, looking tan and lovely, lying on the beach in my new sunglasses, sipping lemonade or sweet tea or maybe some sparkling grape juice. I don't know, I haven't given it that much (cough) thought. 

Except I'll never be tan and lovely, just pale and freckly. Whatever.
Lunch was a salad:
Swiss Chard and Romaine Lettuce, chopped
3 strawberries, sliced
1 tbsp walnuts
1 tbsp almonds
1/2 tbsp feta 
1/2 tbsp parmesan
1 tbsp dried cranberries
freshly ground black pepper (I just recently discovered how good it is on salads!)
balsamic vinegar (I'm normally not a dressing girl but this was good)

 Jenna @ eat live run posted something similar the other day. I'm not a spinach lover, though.


Then I made some banana bread from Jan Karon's Mitford Cookbook and Kitchen Reader:


1/3 c vegetable oil
1 1/4 c granulated sugar
2 large eggs, beaten 
3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 c self-rising flour (the original recipe calls for 1 1/2 c all purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1/4 tsp salt)
1/3 c buttermilk
3/4 c chocolate chips (My own addition)

Preheat oven to 350. Cream oil & sugar till light and creamy.  Beat in eggs. Add bananas, mix well. Add 1 c flour and mix well, then add half the buttermilk and mix well. Add remaining flour, then add remaining buttermilk till just blended.  Pour batter into greased 9x5 in loaf pan, bake 45 min.

To spread on the bread, I made peanut butter cream cheese from teenage taste. Sooo creamy and delicious!

Oh, I also did a Pilates workout today. Who do you think I am?

Overall, it's been a delicious day. Thank you to Jenna, Erika, Sami, and Jan Karon for the recipes!

Have a good rest of the weekend!
Love,
Mellie
PS I know colored words are a poor substitute for pictures; it's not my fault the computer won't read the memory card!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, your lunch sounds really good and I'm still full from my lunch. Your post was great. (I could not quite read the name of your bread, the color was a little faint, but I figured it out! Yellow, and bananas in the recipe!) I thought about you when I posted today. Thanks for dropping me a note the other day and for your compliment. Great post kiddo!

    ReplyDelete