Pages





Saturday, September 10, 2011

Seven Things on a Saturday

1. I. HATE. WINTER. And this week has FELT like winter. Most unusual for the first week of September in the south!
2. It finally feels like fall again. I don't really like fall either. I mean, it's OK. Pumpkin, cloves, apples, football, cinnamon, helping out with Trunk-or-treat at church, ginger, Pumpkin Spice Frappucinos, nutmeg, hot cocoa, oh and Thanksgiving. But I am still more of a spring/summer person.

3. Speaking of Pumpkin Spice Frappucinos, I drank one yesterday and now my lactose intolerant stomach is punishing me. But i can't give them up. It's like an abusive relationship.

4. I wore a white shirt yesterday, and I added white shoes to go to the football game. What. A. Rebel.

5. The reason i wore white shoes to the game was that my silver flats broke for the millionth time and I had to reglue them for the millionth time. #ineverlearn.

5. I want a pair of furry boots this winter. And a pair of cowboy boots, if I can find some that look feminine.

6. If you're still reading this, I love you. In a non creepy way. 

7. I woke up this morning and was greeted by this:
Pumpkin Chip Muffins
( slightly adapted from Taste of Home)

2 1/2 c self-rising flour
2 c sugar
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 egg
3/4 c egg white
1 can (15 oz) solid-pack pumpkin
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c canola oil
1 c semisweet chocolate chips

Combine flours, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In another bowl, combine egg, egg white, pumpkin, applesauce, and oil, stir into dry ingredients till just moistened. Stir in chips. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray, fill 2/3 full with batter. Bake at 400 for 18-22 minutes. Yield: 2 doz.

Happy Weekend!
Mellie

1 comment:

  1. Yum! That muffin looks yummy! I love pumpkin muffins!

    ReplyDelete