Pages





Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fig Pizza

Oh hello. Who are you? Why are you looking at me like I should be guilty? Oh, that's right. You're my readers, and  I AM guilty. Of blog neglect. :(
Remember last school year/this summer when I posted 3 or 4 times a week? Yeah. Those days are over forever. Unless I became a pro food blogger when I grew up, but I don't think that will happen, because, uh, have you seen my pinboards? Yeah, I have expensive tastes. So I have to get a better-paying job, and I won't ever be able to post every day, or even every other day.
Anyway! I'm making it up to you with this divine pizza. It's pretty much the closest I've ever gotten to gourmet. I love figs so, so much. When we lived in middle Georgia we had a fig tree in our backyard. How I miss that thing. I'm not even sure you can grow figs well up here. And they're not the cheapest things. Not too expensive, but not something to eat every week, ya know? But they're soo good, especially when paired with fig balsamic vinegar, blue cheese, and other good ingredients.
Oh, by the way, you should bake your pizza on the bottom rack. It makes the crust so crispy and yummy!

Fig Pizza
1/2 batch pizza crust
1 small pkg dried figs, chopped
3 tbsp fig balsamic vinegar
1/2 onion, chopped
1-2 spoonfuls of brown sugar
canola oil (or butter)
1 5 oz carton blue cheese

Preheat oven to 425. Prebake crust for 10 minutes. Heat vinegar in a small saucepan, whisking constantly, till it reduces by about half. Saute oil, sugar, and onions together. Put everything on top of the pizza and bake 10 min. on 425.



Thank you for ignoring my deplorable nighttime photography, and have a good night!
Mellie

No comments:

Post a Comment