Hi Everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend!
This weekend it is like 80 degrees outside, which like NEVER happens here. It feels amazing! I'm really ready for spring/summer, aren't you?
Today I thought I'd post a light springy recipe. This pie is fabulous and we make it a lot for Easter. It comes from Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious magazine. There are also lemon and other variations but I like this best. And the original recipe says to drizzle with white chocolate which I've never tried but it sounds good!!
Orange Dream Pie
(From Simple and Delicious)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 envelope unsweetened orange soft drink mix
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a small bowl, combine the water and soft drink mix until dissolved. Stir in orange juice. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and orange mixture until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spread into crust. Chill for at least 1 hour or until set.
Have a good weekend!